Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20th, 2009

The days are hot and sultry, - typically August. It is hard on the garden and the beautiful white phlox is looking tired and bedraggled, - even disheveled.

There is a faint and delicate flush of roses, (as opposed to a hearty one) and the Cannas grow more lovely every day.





The first of the asters is in bloom - the bush grows tall and elegant and soon it will be a marvelous purple bar for bees and butterflies. As the sunflowers are for the sweet gold finches that frequent the strip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHS AS GIRL I SPECIALLY LIKE FLOWERS SO I AM ATTRACTED TOO MUCH WITH THIS

Saavi

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Trillium said...

Isn't it wonderful that we have digital cameras and the internet now? Otherwise we wouldn't be able to share all this beauty with one another. Thanks for sharing your love of growing things. I'm glad you visited my blog and now I've found yours!